Sunday, June 1, 2008

Taslima to return India in July-August

Dissident Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen has said that she would return to India by July or August.

"I will come to India in July or August. Leaving India permanently means death to me. After coming, I will see whether I would be allowed to enter Kolakata or not," Taslima said.

This was stated by Taslima's close friend and a writer, Kripashankar Chaubey, in his book Najarband Taslima (Taslima in House Arrest).

The writer, who is now staying in Sweden after leaving India, said, "Although I was put in a safe house in Delhi but, was like chamber of death. I faced physical and mental torture. And such was the problem that I was left with no other option but to leave India."

"I am more of a victim of appeasement politics than of threats from fundamentalists. But I don't want India become another Bangladesh," Nasrin said.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/indexn12.asp?main_variable=FLASH&file_name=cap4%2Etxt&counter_img=4

No comments: